December 10, 2014
Did you know that oral cancer screenings are a routine part of your dental checkup? This means that each time you skip a dental appointment you are jeopardizing your overall health and well being. Over 30,000 new cases of oral cancer are diagnosed every year in the U.S. alone. Oral cancer can form anywhere in or around the mouth or throat. However, if oral cancer is found and treated at an early stage there’s a good chance for a positive outcome. Make an appointment with Ryan Dental Group for your dental checkup and oral cancer screening today. The experienced family dentists of Ryan Dental Group serve patients of all ages throughout North Dallas, Allen, Lucas, Parker, McKinney, Fairview, Plano, and surrounding areas.
- White or red patches anywhere in your mouth
- A lump on the lip, tongue, or in the mouth or throat
- Unexplained bleeding or numbness in the mouth
- Pain when chewing or swallowing
- A feeling that something is caught in the throat
- Loose teeth or dentures feeling uncomfortable and not fitting properly
- A change in your voice or speech problems
- Unexplained weight loss
- A lump or growth in the neck
Who’s Most Likely to Develop Oral Cancer?
- Use any kind of tobacco
- Drink a lot of alcohol
- Allow excessive sun exposure
- Contract the human papillomavirus (HPV)
Don’t let a fear of dental treatment keep you from getting the oral cancer screenings that could potentially save your life. Remember, early stage oral cancer is highly treatable. Make an appointment with Ryan Dental Group for the oral cancer screening you need to stay healthy. Ryan Dental Group proudly serves families throughout North Dallas, Allen, Lucas, Parker, McKinney, Fairview, Plano, and the surrounding areas.